In order to make the formerly so popular brand more attractive for new and younger target groups, the dusty image must be radically renewed. We have chosen the “Love Brand” approach for this. “Love Brands” are brands that have such a strong appeal to consumers that they are not only preferred over other brands but are even “loved”.
Three factors in particular make brands a Love Brand, or Love Mark (Kevin Roberts, 2004):
- Mystery (mysticism):Does the brand tell a story? Does your storytelling inspire the consumer and perhaps even entice him to dream?
- Sensuality: Is the brand detectable with the senses? Does it have its own sound, a typical appearance or a certain feel?
- Intimacy: Is it possible for the customer to build an emotional relationship through empathy, passion and dedication to the brand?
In the first step, we analysed the target groups and their needs and then worked out the individual brand character. Building on this, we have created customer experiences based on the three factors mentioned above:
- Storytelling: how a cocoa bean becomes a bar of chocolate in a sustainable way
- Haptics: the advantages of the unique shape and the reclosable kink opening, which allows the chocolate square to be opened with just one kink
- Emotional bonding by creating unique experiences wherever the target groups are